Wednesday, August 4, 2010

War of the Braincells

I wonder what the actual physiological occurrences are within the brain that cause a headache.

When I was smaller, I used to imagine surgery as doctors being shrunk down to tiny little persons, who would then go through the mouth and navigate their way to wherever it was that needed to be operated upon, fix whatever problem there was, then exit in a similar fashion. As I got bigger, my theories became changed by the realization that germs are similar to terrorists, who try to sabotage your body into doing things it wouldn't want to normally do, like throw up, have diarrhea, and die.

This evolved theory meant that the doctors would then have to fight their way to the scene of disaster, and would have an array of weapons at their disposal for such skirmishes. Taking medicine is in a way giving ammunition to these superheros within me, benefiting them in the all out war that was taking place in my intestines/stomach/spleen.

That said. I feel as though a war is taking place within my brain. I must be losing. I want to write more, but the enemy seems to have recruited light to its evil cause, so I think I am going to lay down in pitch dark and root for the little persons in my head right now.

Good night.

2 comments:

Epiphanies!?